How to inspect a bearing, to ensure if the bearings is still use or not broken??…Ok.. now in this chance i will share to you how to inspect a bearing. why?? let we know the bearing that we choose and install is accordance with lifetime
Steps assurance can be done in three stages, namely:
1. Visual examination, checking for signs of wear and tear is visually seen in bearing, such as cracks, grams, or dirt mixed with grease.
2. Cleaning, Before the physical examination is done, needs to be cleared first by removing all the dirt in the bearing.Cleaning can be done manually, by a brush or cloth.
3. The physical examination, As used here includes the examination of signs of wear and signs of physical damage compared to the new bearing.
– Noise, hold the ring and swivel bearing, listening for noise for the new bearing there is no noise.
– Gap examination, it’s can be done with feelings in a way swayed towards the axial or measured with a feeler gauge, then compare with the allowable axial standards.
– normal fatigue damage
This sign indicates that the bearing has exceeded from their lifetime. If the bearing is normal there are signs of fatigue, then the bearing must be replaced.
– Installation errors on a house bearing
Flaking (spots) are located on the opposite side, caused by a house bearing is oval. to overcome this is by grinding at bearing house
– Dirt in the house bearing
If at the time of installation there is dirt in the bearing, the surface of the ring path will be visible signs of scratches.
– Sign of cracking damage
If the expenses incurred are not fully riveted by the bearing, the outer ring and inner ring will not be able to withstand the loads and cracks will occur
– Sign of creep damage
Creep damage on the bearings, due to the inappropriateness of customized tolerance between the inner ring or outer ring with the axis of the hole, it causes the bearing to be shifted.
– Freeting damage
Freeting occurs because some portions of toleranceat the outer ring is loose, resulting in a shift when rotating. This can be caused by bending axis.
source : http://ombeb.wordpress.com, wikipedia.com,